Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Staining Music Sheets

It’s Tuesday and I’m sharing the Tuesday Tools, Tips and Technique Challenge at Turtle Soup.

I have so many crafty ideas that I want to try. The problem is I never have enough time to do them. So I have made a list of projects and techniques that have caught my eye … and slowly but surely I am going to work my way through that list.

I found a stack of vintage music books at a thrift store and have several ideas in mind for them ... which brings me to the following project.




1) I had Randy make me a pot of strong coffee.  (I don't drink coffee therefore I don't make it.)
 
 

 
 2)  I poured the coffee into a pan and let it cool.
 
 
 
 
3)  I laid the music sheet in the pan of coffee and let it soak for about 5 minutes. 
 
 

 
 4)  I took the music sheet out of the pan, and placed it on paper towels to soak up the excess water.  I then placed the music sheet on a cookie sheet.  I baked each music sheet in the oven at 250 degrees for 5 minutes. (Keep an eye on this while it's in the oven.)
 

 
 
5)  I then smoothed out the music sheet on my craft mat.
(Loved the way it is stained.)
 
 



 6)  I rolled each music sheet and used glue dots to secure the ends together.
 

 
 7)  I finished by tying a piece of twine around each rolled music sheet.
  
 

 
I needed 16 music sheets to fill my jar so I repeated this process
16 times ... oh the things we crafters do!  I'm sure there are
other quicker ways to stain paper.  Sometimes it's more
about the creative process than it is the finished project.
 
 
 





 
 



5 comments: